Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lost in translation

Kyalo is the ideal bloke to have around. He will do anything for you and is good company. With traffic being chaotic if I have to go into the city he drives and I can do some work on the way. Its only about 5km to the centre of Nairobi but it can take an hour easily.

He drives the trusty Wingroad and as we get on our way I have left the CD player on. I ask him what music he likes and he tells me he loves gospel. Funnily enough in the few CD’s I did bring gospel doesn’t feature too heavily so we listen to a compilation featuring the likes of Snow Patrol, Scouting for Girls, The Hoosiers, The Verve etc (trendy me aren’t I?!). He drops me off for the meeting and an hour later when I come out he is parked up with the CD blaring out and his head bobbing like a good ‘un, funny as hell!

On the way back he tells me we have to go to Mr Shamji’s office, I ask him where it is and he says: ‘Mr Shamji’s office is in Australia.’

I said: ‘I didn’t know Mr Shamji had an office in Australia, that’s not far from where I have recently come from, which office are we going to?’

‘The one in Australia.’

‘We can’t be going to the one in Australia, he must have one somewhere here.’

‘No we are going to the one in Australia.’

‘Kyalo, Australia is on the other side of the world and it would take at least a day to get there in an aeroplane, where are we going now?’

Kyalo looks at me like my lights have gone out and tells me not to worry, he knows the way.

Ten minutes later we arrive at Mr Shamji’s office – situated in the industrial area!

1 comment:

  1. HI PA!!!! HOPE U R ENJOYING YOURSELF!!! LOTS OF LOVE BARN AND CO!!

    ReplyDelete